SMART TEEN eACCOUNTS
Smart Teen eAccount is our newest deposit product designed to promote financial responsibility and teach teens important money basics.
Teens Love the Perks
- More financial freedom
- Managing account 24/7 with Internet and mobile access
- Mobile Banking with Bill Pay and Mobile Deposit right from your cell
- Text Banking with real-time Debit Card Alerts
Parents Appreciate the Account
- A great way to introduce your teen to financial responsibility
- Presents opportunity to teach good financial practices
- Monitor spending with online access and free account alerts
- Set the daily limit on their debit card
- Online transfers to easily move money to your teen’s account
- Available to students 13 to 19 years old
- Joint account with adult co-owner recommended
- FNB Debit Card with chip technology issued on the spot
- $25 minimum deposit to open
- Free FNB Internet Banking
- Free Text Banking*
- Free FNB Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposit*
- Free Bill Pay and Picture Pay
- Free eStatements ($2 monthly charge for paper)
- Debit Card on/off access
- 24/7 Fraud Monitoring
- Optional Overdraft Protection from an FNB Savings Account ($2 reduced fee)
- Overdraft Free Pass – No overdraft fee if the overdraft balance is $5 or less
- Free coin counting services
- ATM withdrawal at any FNB ATM – A $1 fee when using a non-FNB ATM
*FNB Mobile Banking, Mobile Deposit and Text Banking are free services provided by First National Bank of Steeleville. Mobile Web service is required. Message and data rates may apply.
Keep in Mind:
- No paper checks
- No interest paid
- Required to open account: SSN, DOB, driver’s license or permit (if applicable)
- At age 20, your Smart Teen eAccount will convert to Free Checking.
Other Teen Products
To help you reach your financial goals, we offer My SumDay CD for savers up to age 21.
- $1,000 minimum opening balance
- Can be added to at any time.
- Max balance of $25,000
- Only one SumDay CD per young saver
- CD is owned by the young saver
- Must have an adult as a joint owner
- Adult and young saver’s signature required (if able) for withdrawal
- CD offered in 39, 59, or 79-month terms (penalty for withdrawals made prior to maturity)
Financial Education for Teens
Discussing money matters helps to build a strong foundation for healthy financial habits in the future. Within these resources you will find information, activities, and conversation starters about money to help build that foundation.
For more information, call 618-965-3441 to speak to a FNB Customer Service Representative or stop by any of our convenient locations.